::: blogsprogs







blogging our children into being

motor functions

archive


The Dads

gary
tom
michael


extended blogfamily

akma & margaret
shelley
jeneane


what is it?

BlogSprogs is homeplace of The Crucial Three: the babies Turner, Matrullo and O'Connor Clarke.


This page is powered by Blogger. Listed on BlogShares

Monday, March 31, 2003


Day One, Round One

I wrote my question last night, but I see it was recorded as Monday in Blogsprog time. Anyway, thanks - we are in Day One of Operation Discomboobululation. A field update:

We led with the Nuk system, using referigerated breastmilk, warmed before serving. Sawyer was hunkered in his swingchair, attention captured by decoy battalions from Baby Einstein DVD. Initial response to our deployment was encouragingly accommodating, but over time, resistance strengthened. Much playing with nipple, with little actual engagement.

I decided to fall back to Plan B: a 10 ml medicine dropper - a plunger-like device that, when applied to the inside cheek, delivers a steady stream of Ordinance - about a teaspoonful, of which SJ swallowed about half. Encouraged, I followed with repeated plungings, until 1.5 oz. was consumed. SJ showed an eagerness to capitulate and even seemed to savor the meal. Since the plunger does not seem ideal, I'll open Round Two with the Playtex system. Thanks for Avent advice Michael. I believe we might have that somewhere, and it will see action - trust me.



tom blogged something into being 8:32 AM :: :: link